Executive Director Position
OPEN POSITION: Executive Director
REPORTS TO: The Provision School and Family Counseling Center, Inc. Board of Directors
This position over sees the planning, development, and implementation of all activities and programs associated with the counseling sector and education sector within the organization. The ED will be the lead grant writer within the organization. The ED will recommend policies to the Board of Directors to achieve goals and objectives, establish structures to carry out the programs, implement Board policies, and represent the Provision School and Family Counseling Center in the community.
- Respond to and be advised by the Board of Directors and report to the Board of Directors at regular meetings.
- Will be involved in acquisition of funding (grant writing, fundraising, philanthropy, etc.)
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of a strategic plan in both the counseling and education sectors of the business.
- Work closely and cooperatively with the staff as well as the Board of Directors in the planning and implementation of the stated goals, purpose and mission of the agency.
- Make the community aware of organizational goals and objectives, and of available resources and services offered by the organization.
- Oversee the development of funding proposals and the funding application process in each program area.
- Prepare and present the annual budget (with financial advisor) in May to the Board of Directors for approval, prepare and present monthly financial reports to the Board of Directors.
- Oversee the counseling and education Directors ensuring budget compliance.
- Oversee the annual tax process, including the filing of all federal/state tax returns, in conjunction with financial advisor.
- Present funding proposals to the Board of Directors that have been submitted.
- Be thoroughly knowledgeable of all laws and regulations affecting the agency and keep the Board of Directors informed of important instructions, guidelines, pertinent regulations and program trends.
- Be responsible for direction of the staff and direct and manage the daily operations and business.
- Assign staff to serve on relevant committees, and serve on such committees in an advisory capacity.
- Conduct regular staff meetings for the purpose of information sharing, staff morale and program and budget planning.
- Make recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding facilities, staff promotional opportunities and other important matters.
This is not intended to be an exclusive list of all duties and responsibilities. Related duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Extensive experience in education and/or working with children with special needs.
- Comfortable working with children with emotional and behavior issues.
- Proven administrative and management skills, to include experience in successful team building, staff development and conflict resolution.
- Proven budget management skills.
- Experience in grant writing or grant development.
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with the community including agencies, government entities, businesses, employers, and organizations.
- Ability to develop effective relationship with the Board of Directors.
- Proven ability to work within frameworks of local, state and federal educational guidelines.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal educational guidelines.
- Ability to mobilize and organize resources.
- Skill in assisting and communicating with individuals, families and groups.
- Proven ability to create, manage and use both computer applications and the internet.
- Personal qualities of leadership, stability, initiative and drive.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Three or more years of experience, preferred but not required, as an executive director, senior leader or management experience within an educational institution, including supervising staff, in a complex multi-service organization. Including innovation, strategic planning, financial management, organizational growth and expansion.
- Travel is required as needed to perform job function.
Master’s degree in education, special education, public administration, business, or related field
*Candidate will be expected to become TBRI certified within the first six months of hire date
This is an exempt, full-time, salaried, professional position.
Please submit your resume via one of the following:
The Provision School
128 Dennis Drive
Lexington, KY 40503
Subject line: Executive Director